Last year we publicly shared our commitment to be an actively anti-racist and inclusive organization. We wanted to update you on some of the progress we’ve made, along with our ongoing efforts.
In 2020, we established a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Task Force to help identify areas of growth and to ensure we are holding ourselves accountable. Here are just a few actions we have taken:
• Embedded our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into our five-year strategic plan at every level and within every department of our organization
• Expanded our program strategy by launching our Programa Virtual En Español and Behavioral Health Virtual Program
• Incorporated more artists of varying genres and backgrounds in our initiatives
• Updated staff and volunteer training materials to include our revised DEI policies
• Broadened our ongoing education through weekly staff discussions and quarterly trainings
We understand that these efforts are part of a journey without a finish line. There is more to do and we are committed to evolving and growing as we live out our mission and values.
Thank you for being on this journey with us.