Volunteer As A Guide (Non-Musician)
You don’t have to be a musician to be a rockstar! The Volunteer Guide is the “eyes and ears” of Musicians On Call and acts as the liaison between the hospital and the Volunteer Musician. Join us as a Volunteer Guide for MOC Virtual and select areas for MOC Bedside.
MOC is currently reactivating MOC Bedside. Volunteer availability is subject to hospital clearance but we encourage all prospective volunteers to submit an application. We are excited to welcome new volunteers as opportunities become available.
What Can Volunteer Guides Do?
Lead Volunteer Musicians to bring music to patients both virtually and room-to-room within healthcare facilities
Act as the liaison between the Volunteer Musician and patients, families and caregivers
Virtually, act as the host, engaging conversation in between songs and relaying questions submitted by hospitals.
Complete hospital volunteer onboarding and uphold the protocols, policies and expectations at healthcare facilities
Help deliver the healing power of music
- Be 18 years or older, a resident of the United States, and have a passion for giving back to the community and belief in the healing power of music
- Represent Musicians On Call and its core values
- Complete online audition and application
- Complete MOC’s Volunteer Certification including online lessons, quizzes, and pass a background check
- Complete volunteer onboarding at assigned healthcare facility and two in-person shift shadows for MOC Bedside
Musicians On Call Program Locations
Preparing for your Application
- You’ll be asked about your contact information, volunteer history, and interest in MOC
- It’s best to have all assets ready and saved on the same device you use to complete the application.
Shadow a program
- Audition Video
- Please follow the detailed guidelines and instructions provided at the link below